Sunday, May 31, 2009

"I don't know, it's all me, me me..."



"Everybody, look at me! This art is so me. It is all about me."

"But hang on!" I hear you say, "Suffering is redemptive! Out of emotional and spiritual pain and suffering can come art of a spectacular nature and from torture and pain emerge Truth, Love, Beauty, O Redemption!"

Well, it used to. Not with this lady it doesn't. In the good old days people believed that art was Art, and that God was using the artist...the artist was merely a channel, the mortal hand in the Hand of the Almighty God...

Art like Emin's speaks only of the spiritual sickness and malaise of the modern World, the World which has lost a sense of the Divine. This is modernity, people! Haven't we progressed!? Still, notice that Christ still gets a look in and is mentioned in her piece.

However, it is still bollocks. For real art, see the post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment