Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mid-Week Update


Some bits of news to catch up on:

- Two TV legends have passed away this week. Barbara Billingsley, June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver and Tom Bosley, Mr. Cunningham from Happy Days. I have precious little experience with Leave it to Beaver, but I was a regular viewer of Happy Days for some time. Bosley and Marion Ross were (along with Henry Winkler) the show's foundation, keeping things together even in the dread days of Scott Baio and Ted McGinley (*Hank Hill shudder*). RIP to both.

- In happier news, Jeffrey M. Anderson of Moviefone penned a superlative tribute to John Wayne. Definitely worth a look.

- DVD Savant wrote a surprisingly scathing review of that renowned horror "classic," The Exorcist, which raised some hackles (and, in another Pittsburgh Yoohoo moment, received the support of many, including yours truly). His review convinced me to finally see the flick, which failed to impress me; I hope to review it soon, as I have many the same problems as the venerable Mr. Erickson.

- Budd Boetticher's excellent Western Ride Lonesome is on TCM at 8 tonight! I didn't get to review it after my first viewing, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment