Thursday, December 15, 2011

Damian Thompson's Analysis of the Ordinariate

His Holiness, Pope Benedict XVI to the Bishops of England and Wales:

"The other matter I touched upon in February with the Bishops of England and Wales, when I asked you to be generous in implementing the Apostolic Constitution Anglicanorum Coetibus."

His Grace, Archbishop Vincent Nichols to the Personal Ordinariate of Our Lady of Walsingham:

"I think that is something probably beyond their resources at the present time, and I don’t think the Ordinariate would thank us, actually, to simply give it responsibility for a church that it would have to then maintain and upkeep."

Now that's what I call a generous response. "We would give you a Church but you probably can't afford it. We'd ask, to find out whether you want a Church, but we know you're poor so we already know what the answer would be. Nevermind, eh?"

No comments:

Post a Comment