Monday, July 30, 2012

Happy anniversary!

It's been four years since starting this blog and it's still going strong! Stronger than ever in fact, since my readership has substantially increased. I appreciate your comments and discussions, keep them coming.

Two small links to celebrate:

Reader Keir brought this excellent article on Warner Bros.' history of violence to my attention. Thanks, Keir.

On a sadder note, the great character actor R.G. Armstrong passed away. He'll always be associated with his religious psycho roles for Sam Peckinpah, especially Ride the High Country and Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid. He did have some sympathetic roles on his CV, including a short stint on The Rifleman and a friendly rancher in El Dorado with John Wayne. I recently disocevered he was  lifelong friends with Andy Griffith, a classmate at the University of North Carolina. RIP.

I will probably see the goddamned Batman movie tonight with friends. We tried last Thursday only to have a thunderstorm knock the theater's power! Here's hoping I can wrange a free ticket out of the theaters, or else I may have to deal out some bat-justice of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment