Monday, December 17, 2012

Patrick McLoughlin MP

We have a British Biden


The Telegraph, today reporting on the rebellion, within Conservative ranks in particular, over 'same-sex marriage', quotes one Patrick McLoughlin MP, the Transport Secretary. 

Patrick McLoughlin told The Sunday Politics on BBC One: 

“I think you have to make decisions in Government, you have to do progressive social legislation and the voters can take their choice when the general election comes. I took a view that what was being proposed was right, the right move as far as allowing people the freedom to marry.”

Mr McLoughlin forgot to add...

"...I do this in full knowledge that my decision runs in total opposition to the position of the Catholic Church which is currently fighting to stop this legislation and I hereby consider myself under laetae sententiae excommunication until I come to my senses and realise that I have rejected God's plan for my eternal salvation, since as Christ said, 'What does it profit a man if he gains the whole World, but loses his soul?."

Why do 'Catholic' politicians always forget to add that when they are betraying the Church's mission? 

No comments:

Post a Comment