Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Miscellanea



In case you were wondering, I'm still alive, but I've been busy with finals and nursing a sour stomach, and the movies I've seen since my last review haven't been worthy of comment in my opinion.

Here's some stuff for you to ponder:

- Doctor Zhivago is now on Blu-Ray, and according to DVD Savant and DVD Beaver, it's totally bitchin'! If I did Blu-Ray and didn't already own the old special edition DVD, I'd be all over it.

- Here's some footage of Ennio Morricone's recent concert in London, and here's a discussion/review. Looks/sounds amazing!

- Since everyone likes to bitch about remakes, regardless of whether the original films were good or not, here's a nice article by the Times of London for you to chew over.

- My most recent viewing was Stephen Soderbergh's Che. It was one of the most boring films I've ever seen.

- My film class essay on Fassbinder's Veronika Voss should be up soon.

This term is almost over, but I'll be here for six weeks in the summer. I hope I'll have time and energy to write reviews in the near-future, but I'm not promising anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment