Monday, May 9, 2011

Do They Pray Them?

I don't know about you, but I see so many people wearing Holy Rosaries (though aren't they only Holy when they're blessed?) in Brighton.

Even Primark seem to be selling their gear on mannequins wearing a Rosary in the shop window. Bizarre. I guess most Rosaries are made in China or India by little slave children nowadays as well.

Today, I went for a drink with a friend and managed to grab (metaphorically speaking) the worker at a pub with buddha statues all over the place.

I don't know whether he was barman, the owner, landlord or chef. He was rushing past me to get to where he needed to go. I quickly managed to ask him whether he "prayed those" beads hanging around his neck. He answered "no" and given that I had a Rosary leaflet in my bag, I quickly whipped one out and stuck it in his hand. He just said, "thanks" and went on with whatever he was doing. I've been wanting to do that for a long time.

If you're going to wear our Rosaries, pray to Our Blessed Lady! Yes, that includes you young Justin Bieber!

No comments:

Post a Comment