Monday, May 23, 2011

Groggy Wants YOU


Well, job hunting didn't go well last week, so back to summer vacation.

Here in the US, Memorial Day is just a week away. Last year I did a mini-marathon of classic war films to celebrate, and I'm keen on doing it again this year. Problem is, aside from Twelve O'Clock High, I'm drawing a blank on what to watch.

If you'd like to recommend a war film for me to watch and review, please do so in the comments section of this post. Just keep in mind that my availability is limited to Netflix, various movie channels and local video stores, so nothing impossibly arcane or obscure please. Read this blog next week, May 30th-June 3rd, to see which ones I choose.

Though it's a few days old, I'd like to link to Jack L.'s excellent review of The Passion of Joan of Arc, as part of his Silent Film Marathon.

Also, the Large Association of Movie Blogs (LAMB) is having its annual "LAMBy Awards" to determine the best bloggers in a variety of categories. Click here to find out who's been nominated for what.

I have a few films in the pipeline this week, including obscure gems like The Day They Robbed the Bank of England (Peter O'Toole's first big movie) and The Raid. I also have a backlog of movies I didn't get around to last week, like Mildred Pierce and The Tailor of Panama, which I may or may not get around to. Here's to another week of reviews - in between job searching and helping my mom recover from surgery, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment