Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America!


Happy 4th of July to my American readership! Hope you have an Independence Day full of fun, family and fireworks. And maybe some juicy steaks. Me, I'll probably be reading a Flashman book and playing the Revolutionary War scenario of Civilization IV.

I've been a bit slow in movie-watching lately due to job-hunting, moving back home and other assorted irritants. I spent the weekend on an epic roadtrip to Alabama for a friend's wedding, and spending 32 out of 53 hours in a car really takes it out of you. Besides Grand Illusion, I only squeezed in rewatches of Nixon and the Independence episode of John Adams last week.

I have a pretty full TiVo plate to consume, and this week I'll have to work around a job interview and a brother hogging the downstairs TV. You might see reviews of 1776, The Howards of Virgnia, I Know Where I'm Going!, The Tall Target and Touch of Evil in the near-future, but I'm not so bold as to promise anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment