Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How charismatic Catholics are damaging the Faith

It's easy to poke fun at odd groups within the Church; traditionalists, liberals, charismatics and the like.

But I do find that, seeing the humorous side helps me get through the gut wrenchingly awful liturgical abuses that surround us.

I have always had a particular aversion to charismatics and can see no reason why one has to pray holding an invisible balloon or swaying and waving to the music.

Does God really enjoy watching His children behaving in such a fashion?

I think not.

Here is a clip from Brazil showing some of the more banal aspects of this form of worship.

The sub titles, quoting the words of the priest, tend to use the word "I" rather a lot but then it seems to me that charismatic worship is more "I" focused than "God" focused - or am I being unfair?

Judge for yourself:


No comments:

Post a Comment