Wednesday, June 19, 2013

No Reply Yet...

'Dear _________

Thank you very much for the further information regarding this role.

Unfortunately, as a Catholic, I can see some things in the 'Statement of Faith' that I cannot in conscience sign, since they do not reflect what the Catholic Church believes.

Just as an example:

'3. The Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.' 

Well, the Bible is not, in the opinion of the Church, the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour, since it requires interpreting by an Infallible Body which cannot err, otherwise anyone can look at the Bible and behave or believe as they interpret it on a wholly subjective basis.

I believe that the Catholic Church is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour because it is holy, since it was founded by Jesus Christ and is guarded from error and falsehood by the Holy Spirit.

There are other points, as well, at which I would not be able, in conscience, to sign this 'Statement of Faith' without committing formal apostasy from the Catholic Church.

I would be happy to sign the Nicene Creed as a Statement of Faith which I attach in place of the one given by the Evangelical Alliance.

Shall I still apply?

Best wishes.

_______________ '

Oops. I think I was meant to say 'Yours sincerely', but we're Christian brothers who believe the same things, right? So I think it will be okay. No reply yet though...

No comments:

Post a Comment