Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well, the first third-year of Nothing is Written is at an end. I ended my 2008 viewing year with a rewatch of John Ford's Fort Apache yesterday, along with watching the excrutiatingly painful Sun Bowl (3-0!?! WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!?!). I've not achieved the status of the 'Net's premiere film site, and I've failed in some of the goals I've set out to do (the whole guest blogger thing), but overall, given my small readership and eclectic nature of such of a blog, and the fact that I'm not bound by news as I was with my political blog, I'm satisfied with what I have achieved in my four-plus months as a film blogger. Some worthwile posts and articles have come out of this site, which is all I could for, for now at least, and we can sweep the crap under the rug for now.

I'll be back at Pitt on Sunday night, for another rough semester, which means a return to our regular schedule - which is to say, a rather irregular and erratic schedule.

I'll wait to do a retrospective on 2008 for a few weeks, because it's either going to be a very long summary of all the films I've seen, which will take awhile to compile and organize, or just of 2008 films, in which case I'm hoping to see some more in the next few weeks. Either way, stay tuned, and to the two of you reading, thanks for your kind attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment