Friday, February 6, 2009

Hilly and Faye

NO MORE BAD REMAKES!!!

Now this is just funny.

Hilary Duff is set to reprise Faye Dunaway's legendary role as Bonnie in the indie remake of The Story of Bonnie and Clyde -- and Dunaway is not pleased.

"Couldn't they have at least cast a real actress?" Dunaway said last week.

"I think that my fans that are going to go see the movie don't even know who she is, so you know...." she told E!. "I think it was a little unnecessary but I might be mad if I looked like that now too.


I know, I should getting all self-righteous, obnoxious and downright prickish that there's going to be a "remake" (assuming of course it is that) of a Hollywood classic starring Hillary Duff. But this is just funny. The very fact of a remake of Bonnie and Clyde with Ms. Duff is too funny, and watching a catfight between one of Hollywood's biggest bitch queens and a dumb little Disney tween queen. What's next, Joan Collins vs. Miley Cyrus?

Honestly, I couldn't give a shit. Hollywood has been so busy profaning classics for years, be it with remakes or "re-imaginings" or "re-boots" or even fifty-years-after-the-fact sequels (looking at you, Disney) that I'm well beyond caring. There's absolutely nothing they could remake and disgust me at this point; a remake of Lawrence of Arabia with Orlando Friggin' Bloom wouldn't surprise me too much. In any case, is it really a remake? It sounds like an indie film that will be seen by three people. No reason for Faye to get upset, except that she's still a prima donna bitch. It's like when Phillipa Gregory bitched about The Tudors. There isn't a copyright on historical figures that I'm aware of.

Anyway... it takes a lot to make me side with Hillary Duff. But, here you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment