Sunday, March 6, 2011

Historian David Starkey Warns of Liberal 'Tyranny'



I'm not sure whether I'm any actually any good at 'reading' faces, but perhaps one or two of the audience and the other guest speakers at Question Time were a little surprised by David Starkey's warning over the new liberal 'Inquisition' that seems to be taking modern Britain by the throat.

This trend is something we've witnessed most recently when evangelical Christians lose court cases over crucifix wearing, adopting/fostering or asking people not to do unseemly things in their bed and breakfasts. It just goes to show what a decent and reasonable person His Holiness is when even atheists, who happen to be homosexuals, not to mention, eminent historians, say something that begins to sound a bit like one of Pope Benedict XVI's addresses on the 'dictatorship of moral relativism'. I must say I did enjoy David Starkey's series on Henry VIII called 'The Mind of a Tyrant'

Thank God that some atheists are still 'free thinkers' using their God-given faculty of reason. David sounds more reasonable than even some Catholics, whose comments I don't publish on my blog, part of a root and branch reform of the website, on my part, to stamp out liberalism.

Anyway, as we prepare ourselves for Lent...Oh, hang on! What's this?! Everybody! Brideshead Revisited is on!

No comments:

Post a Comment