Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hugs and kisses but nothing Catholic

Another Catholic School, St Mary's College in Hull (isn't that Preece country?), I hope he doesn't mind a softie southerner trampling over his patch.

St Mary's bills itself as a Catholic International Sports College but I'll bet you that while it may be international and it may be sporty, it is not, in my book, Catholic.

No signs of faith on the website opening pages and I really cannot be bothered to search through the small print looking for the odd reference to the Faith but their chaplaincy page is a bit of a hoot, they dismiss with the concept of a priest being a chaplain and move to a lay person taking on the role and leading the liturgy.

Here is how they describe the role:


For some reason this refuses to transpose. I have re-typed it but it disappears as soon as the publish button is clicked.

I don't have time to correct it at present, my apologies, I will try and rectify it and re-post in  a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment