Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Not fit to post a Facebook note!

"If that's a review, then I'm a Turk's arse!"

Work has caught up with me again, my brother (and some friends) have been home for spring break, and I'm struggling to find time for movie-watching. I did watch In the Heat of the Night over the weekend and will try and review it as soon as I have the mental stamina. Meanwhile, a few things to consider...

Groggy's latest blog reconstruction is for The Charge of the Light Brigade (1968). I was able to give my A Man for All Seasons review a quick polish, but this post was so congested I had to start from scratch. Possibly harder than writing a new review so what the hell am I complaining about anyway?

You know that awful-looking John Carter adaptation they've been advertising like crazy? While it's a bit early to tell for sure, it seems to have sank like a stone at the box office. Haw haw.

Adam at Icebox Movies has an outstanding review of an old Groggy favorite, The Day of the Jackal.

Our friend Tim at Just Hit Play has some interesting reviews of late, most notably a take on The Taking of Pelham 123 and an laudatory review of John Wayne's The Alamo, Groggy's childhood favorite.

Finally, there's DVD Savant's review of The Deer Hunter. He's a bit leery about the film, finding a lot of thematic and structural flaws, but is mostly positive. You lot know my take on it: it's fucking terrible.

I may do a redux of my Coming Attractions feature for the upcoming summer movie season. The problem is I can't claim to be excited about anything being released.

That's it for now, my Cherrybums. Will get back to something substantial soon, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment