Wednesday, December 18, 2013

An Honour and a Privilege

This post has been amended. Apparently, Austen Ivereigh sent a Twitter message as appears below. I have been to Confession to ask forgiveness for my rather vindictive riposte to Mr Ivereigh's Twitter message concerning my last post on ongoings in Rome. All I shall say is, Mr Ivereigh, it is a great honour and privilege that someone with so many media contacts, TV appearances and friends in high places should be so kind as to promote my blog on Twitter. Thank you.

 'Paranoid and sarcastic: a glimpse inside the world of anti-Francis traddie pushback'

Wherein he then links to my post.


You're welcome to your opinion Mr Ivereigh, but if loyalty to the Successor of St Peter means looking away while a perfectly healthy, vibrant and attractive Franciscan Order gets devastated by those who claim to act on behalf of the Pope, then I ask only if that is true loyalty, or a cowardly refusal to state the truth in charity and to ignore and indeed be complicit in, by silence, the travesty of justice that appears to be unfolding before our eyes in their regard. Sarcastic? Possibly. Paranoid? I do hope so. I truly, truly do. If you saw my previous post, before I amended it, I apologise. Who am I to judge you? Three Aves and a Gloria coming your way, Austen. Doh! Keep forgetting! Don't count!

No comments:

Post a Comment