Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ants

While gardening yesterday, I disturbed an ants' nest under a paving slab. Suddenly ants were everywhere, on the ground. Under the slab, in the mud were ridges that made it look like they had built a whole city, which I guess they had. What I found astonishing was the way in which loads and loads of ants were only thinking of one thing. "Save the babies!"

Every ant was running around looking for pupae to carry down a hole leading to either that city or another one that they would soon be forced to build thanks to my barbaric trashing of their home. Every ant was intent only on rescuing the babies and taking them down a hole to protect them.

The whole thing reminded me rather of the excellent work of the Pro-Life movement, the Good Counsel Network in particular. How much greater is the ant's dedication to rescuing the unborn than the human race's! Be like the ant: Say no to abortion! Defend and protect every human life!

No comments:

Post a Comment