Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Muslims of the World...Uniting

I know this is going to sound awfully Islamophobic but over the last couple of weeks I've seen this advertisement on You Tube and other mainstream websites.

Somewhere out there exists a Muslim dating agency now advertising on a global scale and in a way in which one presumes 'Ave Maria' Singles simply cannot afford to.

On Catholic sites one would maybe expect a Catholic singles advert to appear, but it must cost rather a lot of money to be able to advertise on YouTube, now owned by Google. Perhaps one might see a Jewish dating site on a Jewish site. On ordinary, mainstream sites, I'm yet to see a Catholic dating agency or a Jewish dating agency. I don't know what to make of it really. I suppose first time I saw it I was just a bit shocked and thought, 'Gosh, well I didn't expect to see that here.' Of course, I could say something like, "Phwoar...look at the burka on that!", but I'm not that immature or culturally insensitive.

Let's face it, Muslims are better at doing religion than us. They do the basics better than us. They pray regularly, they breed and they pass on their Faith to their children. Perhaps it is no wonder they've got a dating agency able to advertise on YouTube and we haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment