Monday, June 20, 2011

Mass of Ages

So close, yet so far...
Sadly, I didn't get the editor job at Mass of Ages magazine for which I applied and was interviewed on Friday. Congratulations and good luck to the new Editor, who apparently used to be either be a journalist for, or editor of, The Catholic Times. Experience appears to have won the day over (still relatively) youthful enthusiasm.

Ho-hum...back to the drawing board. Actually, where is my drawing board? I suppose the one good thing about it is that I'll have more time to concentrate on my local magazine covering homeless news. One parishioner at St Mary Magdalen's on Sunday said that reading one article, Brighton and Britain in general are starting to seem more than a little "Kafkaesque".

Quite how I am going to develop and distribute the magazine while living on £60 a week is anyone's guess, but say a prayer for its success and for the LMS too. Their work continues to be very important for the Church. Hopefully, one day I'll walk into Westminster Cathedral and find their magazine for sale. They have asked whether I might like to make some contributions in terms of writing to the new look magazine and said that I would be refunded my train fare. I'm going to write and ask them not to send me my money back, but to keep the £20 and send me a membership card because I do think that the LMS still has a hugely important role in the Church - especially in terms of training Priests in the Extraordinary Form and in raising awareness of the Traditional Latin Mass. I hope the new magazine manages to capture the hearts and imaginations of the youth.

Hmm...If I joined would I get a retrospective discount off my payment for the Walsingham Pilgrimmage in August?

No comments:

Post a Comment