Monday, August 29, 2011

And for my next trick.......

  I plan to place my head into the lion's mouth!
Yes, after the world and his friend have commented on altar girls here is my take on the matter.
They are wrong, out of place and should not be on the sanctuary......all of the sound, rational reasons have been well made, especially by William Oddie of

I cannot add much more to that other than to feature Cardinal Arinze's words on females altar servers under the heading: "It was all a mistake".

This is not a question of equality although, I do freely admit that not enough is done to provide for young women in serving a parish. Perhaps a special guild should be set up with this in mind. Their duties should not be any more menial than an altar boys.....any ideas re patron saints for such a guild?


No comments:

Post a Comment