Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Aaron Sorkin Article

Well, I watched Zulu Dawn yesterday, and to be short, it wasn't that good. Not bad enough to warrant writing off its potential as an essay subject (although that will have to wait), but it came off basically as a TV movie with a great cast. Even better is that Netflix sent me two copies at once... Which means we might not get Leprechaun 3 before I go back to school.

Anyway, I read this excellent interview with Aaron Sorkin - up there with Robert Bolt as my favorite screenwriter ever - today. I particularly like this statement:

"The Internet... (is) a bronchial infection on the First Amendment. Nothing has done more to make us dumber or meaner than the anonymity of the Internet."

I feel like I should be offended, but I'm not sure I would disagree.

I'm going to be posting lightly, if at all, until I move back to Pitt on Friday, where I'll have unfettered Internet access and MY OWN DORM! In the meantime, perhaps one of my prospective contributors would care to lend a hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment