Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Peter O'Toole!

"If God could do the things we do, then He'd be a happy man!"

First of all: I watched John Frankenheimer's The Train yesterday. Brilliant, wonderfully dark war film with Burt Lancaster and the late, great Paul Scofield. I want to say more on it than that, but that will have to wait for another day. After a week of bad/disappointing movies, it was certainly a welcome addition to my film-watching CV.
Anyway, today is the birthday of the greatest actor in the history of the planet Earth - Lawrence of Arabia himself, Peter O'Toole! (How appropriate is it that I wrote a long-winded, ambulatory and pompous article on Lawrence of Arabia yesterday?)
For your enjoyment, since I'm too tired/lazy to write a profile, are some nice video clips of Mr. O'Toole at work. Enjoy!
Lawrence of Arabia:
Becket:
The Night of the Generals:
Lord Jim:
How to Steal a Million:
The Lion in Winter:

The Stunt Man:
My Favorite Year:
Troy:
Venus:
Ratatouille:

No comments:

Post a Comment