Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why The Dark Knight sucks

Very interesting article I found on my 'Net travels: Why The Dark Knight Sucks. Can't say I disagree with too much of this, although I did enjoy the movie.

(On the other hand, TDK is no longer the #1 movie on the IMDB Top 250. I would be lying if I said that news didn't please me.)

Also, an interesting article by Karl Hungus warning against myopic, selective cinematic nostalgia. This is an interesting topic, and one I might want to deal with myself one day.

I've had a pretty shitty week, personally. Watched Jaws and Zulu since Sunday, had some technological difficulties, watched some Olympics and am trying to organize a response to Russia's rampant aggression. Oh well, school starts in about a week.

I will hopefully get Zulu Dawn via Netflix in the near-future. Since I've heard it to be extremely anti-war, especially in comparison to the original, it will be interesting to compare and contrast it to the original. Do I sense a possible topic for a future featured article?

No comments:

Post a Comment