Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Wednesday

Been a couple days, due to lack of things to write about. At least, of interest to me.

Morgan Freeman got into a car wreck a few days ago, which, after what happened to Heath Ledger (R.I.P.) and Christian Bale, doesn't bode well for Gary Oldman and Michael Caine. I'd be wary of being cast in any future Batman installments, from now on...

An interesting article here showing why August is the absolute doldrums for movie-goers. Not that I disagree - certainly the pathetically meager offerings so far this month are only supporting the article. I'm curious about one thing, though - is "Space Cow" really Space Cowboys, or am I missing something else altogether?

I watched The Sea Hawk with Erroll Flynn yesterday. You can read my comments in the updated "Tudor Mania" post below. Pretty good, but the TCM print was absolutely awful.

I'm continuing my Pirates marathon with Dead Man's Chest today. I have found that film to be rather bad in my first two viewings, but I think I'll give it another stab for old times sake. At least there's Jack Davenport and Tom Hollander to hold my interest, if not enough of either. Who needs Orlando Bloom or (God help us) Keira Knightley anyway? Certainly, no one needs the ugly, stupid, ridiculous fish people. But that's another article.

No comments:

Post a Comment