Saturday, August 9, 2008

RIP Bernie Mac

Yet another celebrity has left us - comedian-actor Bernie Mac died at the age of 50 today.

This has been an unusually grim year: Brad Renfro, Heath Ledger, Paul Scofield, Richard Widmark, Mel Ferrer - and that's just a partial list (see also the "Curse of the Dark Knight" - I'm hoping Michael Caine isn't going to be affected anytime soon!). All that, and stories about Patrick Swayze, Christina Appelgate and Paul Newman suffering from various cancers. Oy.

Watched A Clockwork Orange the other day, which I enjoyed (and it was too over-the-top to be really disturbing), and finished my Pirates of the Caribbean week. Will probably write an appreciation/criticism of the Pirates films, but I'm not 100% sure if it will be an analysis or an essay - whichever one's easier, I imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment