Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Edward Cullen of Arabia?

Every bad joke you've heard about how much Hollywood sucks just came true.

Recently my T.E. Lawrence obsession has taken full flower. I'm growing more and more excited about the upcoming Lawrence of Arabia re-release (hoping, praying even that it will play within driving distance of me). I've also been expanding my long-moribund T.E. Lawrence blog, with new book reviews and an upcoming interview with one of Lawrence's biographers.

Then it's all ruined in one fell swoop.

So Werner Herzog is making a biopic of the extraordinary Gertrude Bell, apparently a separate project from the Ridley Scott one I complained about awhile ago. Herzog's an interesting choice for director, and this picture has a half-decent actress attached as Bell.

On the other hand, who does Herzog think is a good fit for Lawrence? Funny you should ask...


This is as good a reason as any to firebomb Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment