Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Every home should have a crucifix....and every Catholic workplace too


As well as being a source of spiritual comfort and a reminder to pray, a crucifix lends  a home a certain ambience.
It makes a statement.

Among other things, it states that you are Catholic and unafraid to be so.

It would be good if more Catholic shops, warehouses and factories displayed a crucifix.

The above picture is of my son's studio in Australia.


Behold, O Kind and most sweet Jesus, before Thee I humbly kneel, and with the most fervent desire of my soul, I pray and beseech Thee to impress upon my heart lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity, true contrition for my sins and a firm   purpose of amendment. 
With deep affection and grief of soul, I ponder within myself, mentally contemplating Thy five wounds, having before my eyes the words which David the Prophet spoke concerning Thee: 
 "They have pierced my hands and my feet, they have numbered all my bones."

A plenary indulgence is granted on each Friday of Lent and Passiontide to the faithful who, after Communion, piously recite the above prayer before an image of Christ crucified; on other days of the year the indulgence is partial."



No comments:

Post a Comment